SriLanka (formerly Ceylon) is an island nation south of India in the Indian Ocean. Its diverse landscapes range from rainforest and arid plains to highlands and sandy beaches. It’s famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes. The city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka’s ancient capital, has many ruins dating back more than 2,000 years.
Things you can do in Sri Lanka
– Surfing from November to April you can surf in the western and southern coast.
– Kite Surfing from April to September and from December to March you can kitesurf eastern coast.
– Diving Scuba Diving can be carried out in Sri Lanka’s South coast from Nov – April and April till October in the East coast.
– Hot air ballooning Hot air ballooning is available in the Dambulla area. It is seasonal one. Sri-Lankan-certified pilots operates them during the morning time.
– Bentota beach is famous for its sea turtles farm and hatchery along with lot of water sports activities.
– Elephant Ride Elephant ride is mainly available at Pinnawala close to the elephant orphanage, Sigiriya, Minneriya, and Habarana areas.
– Elephant sanctuary If you want to see happy elephants who are absolutely not being ridden by tourists you can visit The Sanctuary, home for elephants. Whale and Dolphin Watching, White water rafting are some of the attraction.